After all the hard work you’ve put into developing your app, it’d be nice to get a little recognition, right? As the app landscape has exploded over the past several years, so have mobile app awards programs. At TourSphere, we’ve seen many of our clients win awards in their respective industries for fantastic apps that they’ve developed using our platform.
There’s nothing that inspires creativity than seeing what other great apps have to offer, so we thought we’d give you a taste of some of the awards TourSphere apps have won.
- Edsel & Eleanor Ford House: Leadership in History Award from the American Association of State & Local History, which recognizes outstanding accomplishments in the collection, preservation, and interpretation of state and local history.
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center: This app was honored both as the iTunes App of the Week and the “Best Museum App” from Citybeat Magazine)
- Boston Public Garden: 1st Place Audio Tour from the National Association for Interpretation, which promotes excellence in the delivery of natural, cultural, and historical nonpersonal interpretive services.
- Cultural Tourism DC: Leadership in History Award from the American Association of State & Local History.
- Hull Lifesaving Museum: New England Museum Association Media Award, which recognizes excellence in design, production, and effective communication in all aspects of museum publishing.
So how do you win one of these awards? Our biggest recommendation to you is to check out what’s available for awards in your industry and to get out there and apply for them. Spread the word about what your organization is doing that’s innovative, both within your industry and in general, with your mobile app and digital program.
If you’re building an app and would like to apply for a mobile app award yourself, here are a few you can check out!
- The Webby Awards: Includes categories like Best Use of GPS or Location Technology, Best Use of Mobile Video and Integrated Mobile Experience
- Digiday Mobi Awards: Honors overall excellence and breakthrough achievement in mobile media, marketing and advertising.
- Media & Technology MUSE Awards: Recognizes outstanding achievement in museum media.
Share with us: What are the app awards in your industry?